Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with stashing and/or sharing given web content on a web server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's study them. Doing so, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to run a web site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by given providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally untrue explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would apportion the workload between independent packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web page hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share an immense amount of pics with friends or partners since the service is usually free of cost. You will receive a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to managing your email mailbox accounts. Some distributors provide website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you wish to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to have as many video files as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a web site. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload videos, etc. At NTC Hosting, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific content only.